- Diane Ferlatte, “Bringing Stories to Life”: 9-12 in the Spring Garden.
Add life to your stories. Discover the power of a well-told story through small group exercises, presentations, and examples. Discuss storytelling techniques and guidelines. How do you effectively pass on your story? Getting in touch with the whole story, verbal and nonverbal, through our senses, movement, gestures, voice, facial expression, emotions, and characterization.
- Ed Stivender, StoryLab: 1-3:30 in the Spring Garden.
Introduction to the craft of storytelling. Five rules for success and suggestions for getting started. Practical tips for preparing and presenting stories. Controlling the performance environment with confidence.
- Tea with the Tellers: 3:30-4:30 Garden Room courtyard.
Hosted by Diane Powell. Join the tellers in an elegant tea party in the Garden Room Courtyard. We will try to seat one teller at each table. Space is limited.
Clock hours are available for educators:
- Ferlatte workshop—3 hours
- Stivender workshop + Tea—3 hours
- Full Day—6 hours
Box lunches are also available for advance purchase. Visit our Tickets page for pricing and details.
FRIDAY FREE PROGRAMS FOR DAYCAMPS/DAYCARES:
Storytelling Programs for Day Camps featuring Donald Davis, Angela Lloyd, and Barbara McBride-Smith are available at these times:
9:30-10:30; 11:15-12:15; 1:00-2:00; 2:30-3:30.
Participants will hear tales from a variety of tellers. The program will finish with a short tour through the garden.
Space is limited. To book a program and tour contact Margaret Read MacDonald at email@example.com or by phone at 206-429-2244.
Saturday Schedule, July 19 2014
- 9:00 AM – Registration and Check-in
WOODLAND GARDEN TENT: AN HOUR WITH A TELLER
- 10:00 AM – Greek Myths Texas Style (Barbara McBride-Smith)
- 11:15 AM – Raised Catholic, Can’t You Tell? (Ed Stivender)
- 1:15 PM – She Was My Hero (Diane Ferlatte)
- 2:30 PM – An Hour With Donald (Donald Davis)
- 3:45 PM – Final Olio (Ed Stivender, Barbara McBride-Smith, Angela Lloyd, Donald Davis, Diane Ferlatte)
PERENNIAL GARDEN TENT: LIVELY PLEASURES
- 10:00 AM – Morning Tales (Donald Davis, Ed Stivender)
- 11:15 AM – Poems and Pleasures (Angela Lloyd, Diane Ferlatte)
- 1:15 PM – Quirky Tales (Ed Stivender, Angela Lloyd)
- 2:30 PM – Stories with a Twist (Barbara McBride-Smith, Angela Lloyd)
- 3:45 PM – Closing Olio (Diane Ferlatte, Donald Davis, Ed Stivender, Barbara McBride-Smith, Angela Lloyd)
SPRING GARDEN: FOLK AND FAMILY TRADITIONS
- 10:00 AM – Singing & Stomping (Angela Lloyd, Diane Ferlatte)
- 11:15 AM – Southern Tales (Donald Davis, Barbara McBride-Smith)
- 12:15 PM – A Bit of Song for a Bite of Lunch (Angela Lloyd plays)
- 1:15 PM – Myths & Truths (Barbara McBride-Smith, Donald Davis)
- 2:30 PM – It Happened One Time (Ed Stivender, Diane Ferlatte)
New food vendors are scheduled for this year, plus last year’s popular ice cream cart and espresso stand. Click here for details.
Click here for details.