- Bill Harley Workshop, 9 AM – Noon, $60.00: “The Power of Story.” Better to tell a story than give a lecture. Why do stories work? How can we use them? Insights into how a story is structured and practical knowledge on how to tell your story.
- MaryGay Ducey Workshop, 1 – 3:30 PM, $50.00: “Risk and Roses: Stories in Service to Social Change.” Stories help us give voice to our principles and our values. This workshop explores adaptable, effective ways to develop stories that showcase the issues dear to each of our hearts, while avoiding the shrill tones of partisanship. We will look at traditional tales with their clear lessons in community, personal tales, and historical accounts as well. Participants will leave with an adaptable approach, good solid story ideas, and the encouragement to try them out.
- Donald Davis Personal/Family Story Intensive Workshop, 9 AM – 3:30 PM, $115.00. Bring your own story and the masterful teller of personal and family stories, Donald Davis, will help you polish it. Workshop limited to ten participants.
New This Year!
- A Trio of Tellers: 2:30-3:30 (with Bill Harley, Antonio Sacre, and Linda Gorham, Perennial Tent), Family Ticket $10.00 (two adults and children, up to to six persons from one household).
Three of the Festival’s featured tellers entertain audiences in this sneak peak of the Saturday extravaganza.
- Tea with the Tellers: 3:30-4:30 Garden Room courtyard, $15.00.
Hosted by Diane Powell. Join the tellers in an elegant tea party in the Garden Room courtyard. We will try to seat one teller at each table. Space is limited, and tickets must be purchased by July 17.
Boxed lunches are also available for advance purchase, and must be purchased separately.
FRIDAY FREE PROGRAMS FOR DAYCAMPS, DAYCARES, & CHILDREN’S GROUPS:
Programs are available at these times:
- 9:30-10:30; 11:15-12:15; 1:00-2:00.
Participants will hear 15-minute tales from three of the the Festival’s tellers. The program will finish with a 10-minute garden tour.
Space is limited. To book your hour contact Kristine Dillinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 253-529-1620.
Saturday Schedule, July 22 2017
9:00 AM – Registration and Check-in
9:30 AM – Spring Garden: Music with Anne Rutherford and Norm Brecke
10:00 – 11:00 AM
- Woodland Tent: An Hour with Donald Davis
- Perennial Tent: Wake Up and Jump!, Bill Harley & Linda Gorham
- Spring Garden Tent: Family and Folk Tales, MaryGay Ducey & Antonio Sacre
11:15 – 12:15 PM
- Woodland Tent: Funnier Later: Looking Back…, Bill Harley
- Perennial Tent: Once Upon a Time, MaryGay Ducey & Antonio Sacre
- Spring Garden Tent: Families are Like That, Donald Davis & Linda Gorham
12:15 – 1:15 PM – Lunch / Music with Anne Rutherford and Norm Brecke
1:15 – 2:15 PM
- Woodland Tent: Olympic Heroes: Wilma Rudolph & Andy Stanfield, Linda Gorham
- Perennial Tent: Back When I Was Young, Donald Davis & Bill Harley
- Spring Garden Tent: It Happened Like This, MaryGay Ducey & Antonio Sacre
2:30 – 3:30 PM
- Woodland Tent: If It’s Not One Thing, It’s Your Mother!, MaryGay Ducey
- Perennial Tent: Still Lively, Linda Gorham & Bill Harley
- Spring Garden Tent: My Family’s Tales, Donald Davis & Antonio Sacre
3:45 – 5:00 PM
- Woodland Tent: Closing Olio, All Tellers
- Perennial Tent: Closing Olio, All Tellers
Saturday Food Service
We will again be offering catered sandwiches, plus the ever-popular espresso stand. Click here for details.
Click here for details.